The Southern Poverty Law Center, a leading civil rights organization based in Montgomery, Alabama, seeks a Digital Media Associate. The SPLC Digital Media Associate will help drive online engagement across digital platforms, with a focus on social media management. The ideal candidate should possess have a passion for and knowledge of SPLC work areas including LGBT rights, Economic Justice, Criminal Justice, Immigrant Justice, and Fighting Hate. The Digital Media Associate will report to the Digital Media Director.
• Write, edit, and curate content for SPLC digital media platforms;
• Monitor news developments and data releases for opportunities to create compelling and original content;
• Work with attorneys, advocates, and researchers to develop social content in service of campaigns and publications;
• Build relationships with ally organizations and journalists;
• Measure and report the impact of the department to leadership and other stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytics platforms;
• Experience with Facebook advertising and Google AdWords a plus;
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite;
• Video and audio editing skills a plus.
Education and Related Work Experience:
• 2-3 years of professional experience working in a digital/social media capacity;
• Experience working for a non profit, political campaign or social action campaign a plus;
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment;
• Strong organizational skills, ability to independently manage priorities;
• Ability to work with staff across all organizational programs;
• Positive, energetic, personable, and respectful of others;
• Strong passion for social justice and fostering social change.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Benefits and Compensation:
SPLC offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of SPLC compensation bands.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.