The SPLC is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
Civil rights lawyers Morris Dees and Joseph Levin Jr. founded the SPLC in 1971 to ensure that the promise of the civil rights movement became a reality for all. Since then, we’ve won numerous landmark legal victories on behalf of the exploited, the powerless and the forgotten.
Our lawsuits have toppled institutional racism and stamped out remnants of Jim Crow segregation; destroyed some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups; and protected the civil rights of children, women, the disabled, immigrants and migrant workers, the LGBT community, prisoners, and many others who faced discrimination, abuse or exploitation.
The SPLC Digital Campaign Strategist will run online campaigns to promote the work of the SPLC using tools such as email, social media, content management systems, online ads and more.
The Digital Campaign Strategist is responsible for working with state-based and other campaigns to design and implement online organizing and outreach strategies as a critical component the SPLC’s issue campaigns on immigrant rights; criminal justice reform; LGBT rights; economic justice; children’s rights and hate and extremism.
The Digital Campaign Strategist’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Creating and executing digital campaigns to promote both state and national priorities;
• Managing every aspect of online campaigning including but not limited to creating a campaign plan; writing content for email, websites and social media; working with the Design team on content, and working with the Marketing team on web ads, as needed;
• Monitoring news developments and data releases for opportunities to create compelling and original content;
• Analyze and report on metrics for the campaigns and work with Digital Director to improve relevant metrics;
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on the integration of online strategy, content and technology to advance campaign goals.
This position is NOT eligible for remote work.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
• Proven record of running successful digital campaigns;
• Experience creating compelling social media content;
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment;
• Positive, energetic, personable, and respectful of others;
• Strong passion for social justice and fostering social change;
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytics platforms;
• Experience with Facebook advertising and Google AdWords.
Education and Related Work Experience:
• 4 – 6 years of professional experience working in a digital campaigns or publishing;
• Experience working for a nonprofit, political campaign, or social action campaign a plus;
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. Occasional weekend work and travel required.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.