The SPLC is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
The SPLC was founded in 1971 to ensure that the promise of the civil rights movement became a reality for all. Since then, we’ve won numerous landmark legal victories on behalf of the exploited, the powerless and the forgotten.
Our lawsuits have toppled institutional racism and stamped out remnants of Jim Crow segregation; destroyed some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups; and protected the civil rights of children, women, the disabled, immigrants and migrant workers, the LGBT community, prisoners, and many others who faced discrimination, abuse or exploitation.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Analyst, the Data Marketing Analyst has the primary function of optimizing SPLC donor marketing through data analysis. Primary responsibilities include: analyzing marketing efforts (including mail, email, telemarketing, and canvassing) and creating reports to help explain the outcomes, identifying trends in the donor database, running marketing queries, and providing general analytic support.
This position is based in our Atlanta, GA office.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Executing a technical vision encompassing ways in which data can support the overall fundraising strategy and make actionable recommendations;
• Assist Senior Marketing Analyst with segmenting lists (mail, email, telemarketing, etc.), selecting packages for lists, coordinating logistics and tracking results and metrics including donor retention and acquisition rates;
• Coordinate the creation of summary and analytical reports to monitor fundraising activity, advises and supports Development staff in creating and utilizing reports;
• Identify trends that need to be addressed with changes to marketing strategy;
• Identify new marketing opportunities based on data analysis;
• Produce queries and reports in support of development activities using the Query, Export and Report Functions, including weekly and monthly reports for development department to track fundraising results;
• Forecast future revenue based on trends; and
• Provide assistance to program departments as need.
• Strong knowledge and experience with data manipulation, data analysis, and database development;
• Experience using BI packages (e.g. SAS, SQL, Cognos, R, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Spotfire, Tableau, QlikView, etc.) and/or nonprofit membership databases (Raisers Edge, Blackbaud CRM, Salesforce, etc.);
• Ability to handle competing priorities and prioritize workload;
• Exceptional organizational skills, analytical skills, high integrity and work ethic;
• Able to work well in a dynamic team environment; and
• Commitment to social justice issues.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.