The designer is responsible for creating and executing design concepts as well as maintaining visual appearance, usability and brand continuity. Areas of work may include: branding, communications, graphic design for print media and web, industrial, environmental and interior design, interactive media, motion graphics, video editing and production, and prototyping.
• Creates magazine, special publication, direct mail and advocacy layouts (Print and Digital);
• Creates final production press files for all organization printed publications;
• Hires and art directs freelance illustrators and photographers;
• Creates graphics for the web;
• Maintains workflow of creative projects;
• Creates keynote presentations;
• Assists with visuals for special events;
• Shoots, edits and produces short videos; DVD authoring including building menus;
• Prototypes website projects prior to web development.
Education and Experience:
• BFA degree preferred;
• 3 years of design experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience working within an Agency/Design Shop environment;
• Strong typographic and photographic skills;
• Highly proficient in the most current version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
• Knowledgeable about print production, press checks, and photo shoots;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Must have continual attention-to-detail to all projects while establishing priorities and meeting deadlines;
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
• The ability to work independently and/or with a team and prioritize several projects at once;
• Positive, easy-going, yet hard-working attitude;
• A passion for our mission.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.