Under general supervision, primarily responsible for specifying, deploying, maintaining, supporting and securing mobility devices and computer end-user systems, their respective applications and peripheral hardware, in both the physical and virtual computing environments.
• Utilizes HelpDesk system to document, track and resolve end-user requests;
• Microsoft, Mac OS, iOS and third party client setup, configuration and maintenance;
• Hardware (computing, A/V) troubleshooting, support, maintenance and replacement;
• Printer setup, troubleshooting and maintenance;
• Utilize Active Directory for account management tasks;
• Setup, deployment and security management (Meraki) of mobility devices (cellular phones and tablets);
• A/V configuration, testing, setup and on-site assistance for presentations, events and legal trial support; setup and support classroom and conference training rooms and equipment;
• Installation and support of business and endpoint security applications (Microsoft System Center);
• Effective troubleshooting and resolution of hardware and software performance issues;
• Assist in the documentation of system configurations and maintenance procedures;
• Utilize third party software (JAMF) to manage Mac OS software;
• Specification and purchasing of client hardware and software;
• Support of remote systems and associated users (some travel may be required);
• Inclusion in on-call rotations (weekends, nights, and holidays).
Education and Related Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in the Computer Science or related field (or equivalent practical experience);
• Strong research skills required;
• Excellent written/verbal communication.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills;
• Must be a dedicated team player;
• Must be capable of maintaining customer service excellence at all times;
• Must consistently maintain an attention to detail and a commitment to excellence;
• Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times;
• All duties are to be performed within the confines of Center and departmental policy and procedures.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.